The Friends of the HaBima National Theater Society supports special projects and is an
active partner in the promotion of cultural and social action in the theater community.
We at the Friends of the HaBima National Theater Society are proud to be part of an
unstoppable entity, in body – the new home of the HaBima, where construction is
almost finished – and in soul, by fostering artistic oeuvre and language.
The Friends of the HaBima National Theater Society aims to develop theatrical work and
allow young audiences, both in the periphery and in the city-center, to learn and
experience the magic of theatrical art. The Society also recognizes the importance of
dialogue with countries around the world and helps the theater, as a member of the
distinguished UTE (Union of the Theatres of Europe), by touring abroad and exposing
Israeli work in many theaters around the world, allowing a fruitful dialogue with artists
As we celebrate ninety years of the HaBima National Theater, we stand as full partners
in the atmosphere of joy and celebration of the artistic achievements, the social and
cultural aspects of the theater, as our face reflects both the face of the city of Tel Aviv
and Israel's history – as its cultural and spiritual capital is an integral part of its
The Friends of the HaBima National Theater Society proudly supports:
• The 90th Anniversary of the HaBima and the production of a special booklet in its
• The The Young HaBima Company– with the 2009/2010 season already on its
way, almost complete funding of the Company, and the new session of the
Company under the direction of the promising, young director Shai Pitowsky.
• The Youth Theater Action Group – the theater annually holds a Youth Theater
Action Group, funded by the Society, where 90 youths from the metropolitan Tel
Aviv area experience the theater within a “guided” framework. In addition to
exposing youth to the new theater season, the theater allows them immediate
engagement with the writers and actors, thereby opening a new window for
them to observe the work process in the theater.
• Project “Across Israel” –held in the peripheral areas, this project allows students
and adults to learn about the theater, the HaBima and to enjoy its productions.
• The HaBima Conference at Tel Aviv University – a three-day academic
conference held in May 2009 at Tel Aviv University in cooperation with the
Department of Theater Arts dealing with HaBima’s role in promoting Jewish
culture in the Diaspora and in Israel as well.
• HaBima’s membership in the UTE (Union of the Theatres of Europe) –the
Society helps finance the membership as well as the Theater’s international
• The production of a film documenting the first 90 years of the HaBima National
• The renovation of the actors rooms in the Beit HaChayal Theater.
• Scholarships in Excellence awarded to actors other theater professionals for their
artistic contribution - each year, the Friends of the HaBima National Theater
Society awards scholarships to outstanding artists and actors in the annual
HaBima Awards Ceremony
Tzipi Rubin, Adv. - Chairman
Rivka Rozenberg, Adv. – Honorary Treasurer
Yossi Shachak, C.P.A.
Founder and Honorary President:
Ora Goldneberg, Adv.
Ruth Issacson, of blessed memory – Honorary Member of the Management
Secretary General: Shifra Aluvitch
Secretary: Tami Shenhav